Why still get lung cancer even though you don’t smoke?

Why still get lung cancer even though you don't smoke?

Smoking is the leading cause of lung cancer. The majority of lung cancer cases (85%) are caused by smoking for a long time, but it is not the only reason. In fact, there are many other causes of lung cancer even when you don’t smoke.

Here are 4 other, most common causes.

1. Passive smoking

Passive smoking is a form of inhalation of tobacco smoke from the air, without directly smoking cigarettes. When smoking, smokers usually exhale 2 main and secondary streams and 20% of the smoke is inhaled in the main stream, the remaining 80% is called the secondary stream. The accessory stream has much more toxic and carcinogenic properties than the main stream

Tobacco smoke is made up of a mixture of gas and dust. According to the International Health Organization (WHO), there are about 4000 chemicals in cigarette smoke. In which, 40 substances are classified as carcinogenic, including substances such as nicotine, carbon oxide, tar, benzene, formaldehyde, ammonia, acetone, arsenic, hydrogen cyanide, .. affecting the entire nervous system and vessels. blood and endocrine. Heart disease, memory loss and cancer

Ultrafiltration water purifier - indispensable device in every home

Children and the elderly are especially sensitive to cigarette smoke. The same goes for people with heart or respiratory disease

  • For adults: The risk of cardiovascular disease increases by 25% … Especially lung cancer causes the risk of death from passive smoking
  • For children: cigarette smoke causes asphyxiation, bronchitis, asthma and respiratory infections.
Related:  What is a vegetarian diet? Notes before deciding to vegetarian

Experts say that smoking cessation programs are not only useful for smokers themselves but also for those around them.

2. Have a chronic and localized lung disease

People with long-term lung-related diseases such as pneumoconiosis, tuberculosis, and silicosis are more likely to develop lung cancer.

good luck in the sunny-eco country

Another case is due to bronchitis causing fibrosis scarring during your treatment. Normal cell scales can develop into lung cancer without proper, timely treatment.

Cancer can also be acquired if there is a family or relative having a history of lung cancer or other lung problems. In addition, the immune function of the body is poor, causing the metabolic activities in the body to progress poorly and not well. Hormonal disruption leads to many lung-related diseases.

3. Air pollution

In 2013, the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) of the World Health Organization (WHO) declared that air pollution is one of the main causes of death from lung cancer. Dr. Dana Loomis, IARC representative, said the results of the study indicate an increased risk of lung cancer in individuals exposed to polluted air.

Small particulate matter (PM dust2.5) and sulfate aerosols (found in vehicle exhaust) have been linked to an increased risk of lung cancer. Increasing the amount of nitrogen dioxide in the air by 10 parts per billion increases the risk of disease by 14 percent. It is estimated that outdoor air pollution is the cause of 1-2% of lung cancer cases.

There is temporary evidence that indoor air pollution related to burning wood, charcoal, feces or plant residue for cooking or heating in the home increases the risk of lung cancer. This risk affects about 2.4 billion people globally and is believed to be the cause of 1.5% of all lung cancer deaths. (According to Wikipeida)

Related:  Surprisingly the wonderful effects of okra

Working in polluted and chemical environments also increases the likelihood of cancer. For example, the environment contains many toxic chemicals such as uranium, radium or radioactive substances.

In addition, chemicals during your exposure at work such as copper, coal, asbestos, chromium, asphalt … can also cause lung cancer.

4.Breathing Radon or Arimang gas

Radon Colorless, odorless, radioactive rare gas that exists in soil. This gas is especially toxic to the lungs. Radon exposure is considered the second most common cause of lung cancer. In the US, Radon is the cause of lung cancer, causing about 21,000 deaths each year.

Dr Scagliotti said that people who regularly work underground or live in the basement have a high risk of breathing in radon.

Asbestos are substances that can cause many different types of lung disease, including lung cancer. Tobacco smoking and asbestos have a combined effect in leading to the development of lung cancer. For smokers exposed to asbestos, the risk of the disease increases by up to 45 times. In addition, asbestos can also cause lung cancer, known as pleural mesothelioma (different from lung cancer).


Latest news:

Source link < Why still get lung cancer even though you don't smoke? > Healthdrinkshub.com

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.