Electronic cigarettes successfully attract consumers with the traditional use of smoking cessation. Young people believe that e-cigarettes are not harmful and are used as a new “hobby”. Is this view correct or not?
In fact, the detox use appeared from advertisements for e-cigarettes. Add to that the words “Winged” feel no different from traditional cigarettes. The same luxury design “oil” diversity attracts users. Just like that word of mouth spread. Drug addicts ask each other to use. Young people are attracted to the new and think that they are safe. It is these things that have caused a misunderstanding about e-cigarettes.
Electronic cigarette was invented by Hon Lik – a Chinese pharmacist. Appeared first in 2003, then rapidly developed to many other countries. This product incorporates a battery that supplies the power to the nozzle unit. Here “oil” will be heated to a steam. Smokers inhale and exhale smoke like regular cigarettes. User experience is not affected. And the general harm is less than that of cigarette cigarettes.
The “essential oil” in the filling is essentially the nicotine dissolved in propylene glycol, flavoring and colorants. Nicotine concentrations range from 0 to 24 – 36 mg / ml of breathing air. Therefore, e-cigarettes still contain addictive substances. Not absolutely safe as many believe. There are still many controversies about the use to help quit smoking.
An electronic cigarette has the following basic parts:
– The battery: Provides energy to burn essential oils. Most use rechargeable lithium-ion batteries.
– Induction / Circuit: Activate nozzle heating.
– Oil: Available in many different flavors.
– Essential oil tube: Usually at the end of the medication, used to store essential oils.
– Nozzle: Heat the essential oil, the solution evaporates into smoke.
The essential oil ingredient used in the drug is electronic that is not widely available to consumers. They have the following potential hazards:
– Nicotine: Addictive substance, affecting the brain, heart and respiratory system. Taken in high doses can be fatal. Nicotine was also used as a pesticide.
– Propylene Glycol: Colorless, odorless, and tasteless alcohol. Often used in stage artificial smoke generators. May cause eye and lung irritation. Very dangerous for people with asthma and chronic lung patients.
– Glycerin, diacetyl: Long-term use can cause chronic obstruction of the lungs.
When the essential oil is heated, it evaporates for the user to inhale and exhale the smoke. This smoke is less toxic than the smoke from a cigarette. But they still contain some harmful substances such as:
– Formaldehyde, acetaldehyde: Substances can cause cancer.
– Acrolein: Substance causes lung damage and cardiovascular disease.
– Dust particles and metals (tin, nickel, cadmium, lead, mercury): May cause inflammation of capillaries, respiratory system and neurological effects.
The smoke of essential oils is less toxic, but if used for a long time in large quantities, it still has potential risks of cancer, lung disease, heart disease … no less than regular cigarettes.
There have been many recorded cases of e-cigarettes exploding causing injury. Including the accident of a 14-year-old boy in Brooklyn in 2016. The cigarette exploded while charging the boy blinded. Or a man with hot nicotine dripping down his throat and lunged out. And many victims suffered from skin injuries.
Children’s respiratory systems are vulnerable to cigarette smoke. People around you and pets will also experience passive smoking. The level of toxicity is not less than that of direct smokers. Not only that, the aromas in the essential oils contain fruit flavors that attract children. There have been cases of children hospitalized for ingestion of essential oils. The image of parents smoking also left a bad impression. Survey shows that, 80% of teenagers practice smoking is influenced by their parents.
That is not to mention the bad impact on the environment. House fire accident, forest fire just because of a cigarette. In general, if you intend to quit smoking then this is also a good solution. However, they are only as good as trying to use them with less and less frequency by themselves. Then decisively quit both types of cigarettes. As for the point of view that electronic cigarettes are not harmful, they are completely wrong when using them as much as possible.
Review how the drug affects you, your family, everyone around you, and the environment. Do not practice smoking for any reason, guys!
Source link < What is electronic cigarette? Are there addictions and effects to health? > Healthdrinkshub.com