As we know: Vietnam is a country with a hot and humid tropical climate. Every summer, when the weather turns hot, the number of heat shock cases increases, especially in children and the elderly. Although the symptoms seem simple, but if not handled in time, it will lead to serious consequences such as: coma and even brain infarction leading to death.
Heat shock (also known as heatstroke, heatstroke, heat stroke): is the phenomenon in which the body fails to regulate the body temperature in time when the temperature changes. The reason is that we are dehydrated, exposed to excessive heat for too long or change our environment suddenly. For children, the elderly or those with a history of heart disease, high blood pressure, obesity, and underweight, the risk of heatstroke will be higher.
Many patients fall into a coma after heat shock
Tired, blurred vision.
– Body hot, red face, body temperature up to 41C.
– Headache, dizziness, dizziness, fainting.
Nausea, vomiting, dehydration.
– Heart is beating fast.
– Weak, fast breathing.
– The pulse is fast and weak, difficult to catch, or even cannot catch the pulse.
– In case of severe heatstroke, possible complete coma and seizures.
1. Immediately call an ambulance, while waiting for the emergency vehicle to come, quickly put the person suffering from heatstroke in a shady place with a fan, and take off unnecessary clothes.
2. Fan and wet the patient’s skin with a wet cloth or running water.
3. Apply cold water packs to the neck, armpits, groin, back because these are the areas where many blood vessels are concentrated, which will help lower body temperature faster.
4. Evaluate the level of the person suffering from heatstroke by shaking, naming, .. if the person with heatstroke is awake, they can help them get up, give them water or an electrolyte supplement. If not, then continue to implement the above first aid measures.
5. In the case of a slow emergency, you can call the hospital emergency rooms for further instructions.
Apply cold packs to your neck, armpits, or groin to cool down
When the outdoor temperature is high, it’s best to avoid the outdoors. Where required, the following precautions for heat shock can be applied:
– Wear light-colored clothes made of materials that absorb sweat well, are large, comfortable, wide-brimmed hats, sun-protective shirts, masks … absolutely do not wear tight clothing, made of synthetic fabrics, dark clothes Color absorbs heat.
Drink plenty of fluids, even if you are not thirsty to avoid dehydration caused by sweating.
Use a sunscreen with an SPF of> 50
– Limit exercise and sports when the outdoor temperature is high
– Supplement vitamins, Mineral, electrolytes to increase resistance …
Wear light-colored protective clothing that is discreetly shielded when outdoors in the hot sun
Vietnam we are currently preparing to enter the long hot season. According to climate experts have analyzed, due to climate change and the greenhouse effect, the temperature of the earth is increasing every year, the extreme hot weather is also increasingly complicated and dangerous. So please equip yourself with the necessary knowledge to protect your health and your loved ones beside you.
– Beautiful skin thanks to properly drinking water
– Mineral water, purified water, distilled water, which is the best?
Minerals how good for human health
– 10 reasons to quit the habit of drinking soft drinks
Source link < Heat shock in summer - causes and effective first aid > Healthdrinkshub.com